News and Blog POSTS
Atlanta House Cleaning Tips: Tidy Up Before Vacation
Summer is in full swing in Atlanta and that means one thing — vacation! Whether you’re heading out for a long weekend or spending more time away from home, taking care of your home before you leave is essential. Tidying up can help prevent critters from lurking and bad garbage smells from permeating your home. A few quick chores can also make all the difference when you return home from traveling and don’t have the motivation left to clean or change the bed sheets.
Here are a few quick tips to prep for your time away from home:
- Take out the trash and recycling. You don’t want to come home to yucky smells. Empty the main trashcan and also any smaller waste baskets or bins in the bathroom, office or bedroom. Replace the bin liner and trash bag.
- Do the dishes. Don’t leave dishes crusted with last night’s meal in the sink while you’re away. Not only is it no fun to come home to a pile of dishes that are more difficult to clean, but leftover food scraps can attract bugs, leaving you with an even bigger mess when you return.
- Sweep the floors and vacuum. You’ll be amazed how much cleaner and brighter a room appears after a quick sweep.
- Change bed linens and make the bed. You’ll be relieved when you return home and can fall into a clean bed.
- Tidy up. No one wants to come home to clutter. Put away extraneous shoes that might be lying around, clean up the kids’ toys, straighten the pillows on the couch and put fresh towels in the bathroom. If you arrive home after dark, you won’t stumble or trip on something left behind on the floor.
- If you have a cat, clean the litter box. If you’re leaving your four-legged friends at home, chances are you’ll have to clean them again when you return but cleaning them before you leave will help to reduce odors and make cleaning when you return much easier.
If you’re planning a vacation and find that you don’t have time to clean your house before departing, please schedule a cleaning appointment today. EMJ will leave your home perfectly clean for when you return.
Photo credit: © TMAX/Photoxpress
Jordy is the "J" in "EMJ Cleaning Services". They began as a small, one-team crew, which became more successful than they ever imagined. He makes sure home and business owners receive high-quality cleaning services and is dedicated to customer satisfaction.